Plumbing services

Common Plumbing Questions (FAQ)

 Plumbing services we try to answer all the common questions here but ask us anything you like.

What areas do you cover?

We cover all North Dublin city.
Including, Blanchardstown, Castleknock, Finglas, Malahide, Portmarnock, Santry, Drumcondra, Balgriffin, Cabra, Phibsboro, Sutton, Howth, Artane, Raheny, Clontarf

What is your Call Out Charge?

Our charges are totally transparent. We do not have a call out fee. This means that you are not being charged for us to call to your home or when leaving. Its only when work commences that you are charged.

Do you do domestic or commercial plumbing?

We work in both the domestic and commercial sector. Please visit our contact page if you would like to get in touch.

Do you install central heating systems?

Yes, we install, upgrade and repair central heating systems. We work with Gas, Oil, and Solid fuel heating systems, back boilers, and stoves. We are also HETAS Certified.When Radiators are not heating or only partly heating we can power flush the system or balance it to alleviate the problem.

Do you install boilers?

Yes. We are (RGII) Registered Gas Installers. We install only (A) rated condensing Boilers which are 25% more efficient then a standard boiler. We also service gas and oil boilers.

Are there grants available for work carried out?

Yes. Sid’s Plumbing and Heating is a Registered Contractor with (SEAI) which means that you can avail of Government Grants to the value of €700 + for a new heating system. This grant is issued under the Home Energy Saving Scheme and includes a full set of automatic controls and new (A) rated boiler.

Do you replace water tanks?

Yes we can replace water tanks and replace ball cocks/valves

Do you replace taps?

Yes we can replace or repair your taps.

Do you repair gas leaks?

Yes we can repair any gas leak along with upgrading gas lines.

Do you fix Radiators?

Yes we can replace or repair your radiators. We also fit TRV’s (Thermostatic Radiator Valves)

Why does my toilet keep overflowing?

Your toilet may overflow because the Ballcock needs to be repaired or replaced.

How do I know if my water heater needs to be replaced?

If you have a water heater / cylinder and it’s leaking because lime scale has attacked the metal, and it will need to be replaced.

Why are my pipes rattling all of the time?

This may be down to poor or no bracketing of the pipes or it may be airlocks.

My water bills are high but I can't find any leaks what is happening?

You may have a leak that you can’t see, under a wooden floor or in a concrete floor, if it’s on a heating system it can be fixed with a good leak sealer if it’s a hot or cold water pipe, this can be found with a thermal imaging camera.

I have to get a new water heater. Which would you recommend, tank or No tank?

When replacing a hot water heater/cylinder it is best to buy a stainless steel, because a good quality one, loses 0.5 of a Kilo Watt of heat in a 24 hour period which is virtually nothing, and they come with a very fast recovery coil fitted, having no tank would require the installation of a combination Boiler which would give you instant hot water on demand.